A threat of Serve Weather
When severe weather strikes, SERVPRO of Northeast Greenville County wants you to be prepared!
Emergency management services suggest having at least 3 days worth of supplies! The following is the standard list of what items you should have in an emergency kit.
- Water – 1 gallon per person per day
- Food – non-perishable
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably a weather radio
- Extra batteries for radio and flashlight
- First Aid kit
- Whistle to signal help
- Clothing, blankets
- Dust mask or bandannas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags, and duct tape
- Wrench or other tools to shut off utilities
- Hygiene items
- Important documents. (Copy of insurance policy, bank account info, identification, etc.)
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in waterproof case
Being prepared for the possibility of severe weather means your family needs an emergency plan! Be sure to have a common meeting place in case you are not in the same place when the event occurs! Stay safe!